Category: Community

Did someone say, Tequila? by Nikki

If anyone is talking about tequila at Zocalo, it is usually always me! I’m Nikki, and I’ve been a server at Zocalo for about a year. I’ve been in the industry for 6 years, and have two B.A.’s from California State University Fullerton – for Psychology and Women’s Studies. I consider myself a career server… Read more »

Mexicali Fundraiser & Friendships by Ivan

My name is Ivan, and I’d like to share my experience with our recent Mexicali fundraiser and my appreciation for the friendships I have gained by working at Zocalo. First, a huge “thank you” to all of my mangers for giving me the opportunity to work here. I love working here and it’s such a… Read more »

Wolfred’s Experience as The Easter Bunny

My name is Wolfred, and I’m a Busser at Zocalo. On Easter, instead of being Wolfred I dressed up as the Easter Bunny for Zocalo’s brunch. My photo is above, do you recognize me? The costume was very hot – but the hottest part was the head of the costume. I had to take breaks… Read more »

June 4th – Regions of Mexico with Chef Ryan Rose

Join us on June 4th for our next Regions of Mexico with Chef Ryan Rose! You can purchase tickets here. 1st course Tostada Ceviche Shrimp ceviche, avocado, red chile Pairing- Paloma 2nd course Tacos al Pastor Marinaded pork, habanera salsa, grilled pineapple Pairing- Pineapple Mojito 3rd course Tres Leches White cake infused with condensed milk,… Read more »